Historical Children's Festival
- May 20, 2017 - May 20, 2017
- Venue: First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site
- Times: From: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site
- Address: 200 S. Main St., Saint Charles, MO 63301
- Admission: Free
- Phone: 636-940-3322
Celebrate National Kids to Parks Day by attending the Historical Children's Festival! Come live, learn and play as children in the 1820's did. Families can stroll the grounds where our first legislators met to organize Missouri into statehood in 1821. Children can pick up an event passport at the site and participate in hands-on activities to earn prizes. The more stamps in their passports, the more prizes they can earn on their journey through the 1820's. Activities can include candle dipping, butter churning, quill pen writing, baby animals, 1820's children's games and toys, period skills and craft demonstrations, period dressed interpreters, learning about bartering, statehood and much more! Spend the day relaxing and having fun 1820's style!
This event is free and open to the public.